EDINBURGH COFFEE FESTIVAL
From the coffee connoisseur looking for the latest coffee craze to casual drinkers looking to kick start their coffee experience there is something for everyone at the EDINBURGH COFFEE FESTIVAL on the 5th October 2019, taking place at one of the city’s best-known venues, The Edinburgh Corn Exchange and this year supported by new headline sponsor, Alpro.
The festival will play host to over 40 speciality coffee and tea exhibitors, attracting over 2000 visitors and allowing coffee enthusiasts from all over the country to experience some of the best brews, foods and cakes that Scotland’s bustling and dynamic coffee scene has to offer. The festival has been increasing in size and popularity year-on-year. Our fifth year is proving to be no exception, attracting more new and exciting exhibitors than ever.
However, this is so much more than just a chance to drink tea and coffee. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn about the rich history behind the Guatemalan coffee industry and taste coffees from Rwanda, Ethiopia and the Caribbean or get hands-on at one of the masterclasses on offer. Visitors will not only get the chance to experience all the products on offer but also learn from experts in interactive workshops, tastings and demonstrations.
This year the World AeroPress Championship will be returning to the festival where coffee fanatics from all over Scotland battled it out using nothing but a plastic coffee brewer.
Edinburgh Coffee Festival 2019 includes:
- The World AeroPress Championship (a global coffee-making competition, designed to find the world’s best AeroPress coffee brewer) takes place in London in November. Edinburgh Coffee Festival is honoured and delighted to have been chosen as hosts to the Scottish Championships, sponsored by iZettle, with the winner in Edinburgh going forward, all expenses paid, to the final in London.
- A world-first Coffee Festival Coffee Garden which will highlight one of the world’s most important commercial crop plants – more information to come in due course!
- Stalls by local roasters and coffee shops, cake makers, chocolate specialists, hot and cold street food, sellers of brewing equipment and more. Exhibitors include Alpro, Chocolate Tree, Django Coffee Co., Hasbean Coffee, Caravan Coffee Roasters, Edinburgh Tea and Coffee Company, Eteaket, Unorthodox Roasters, Taylors of Harrogate, Green City Wholefoods and many more. A full list can be found on the website.
- Talks, demonstrations and cuppings. As well as interactive workshops, tastings and demonstrations such as masterclasses in tea brewing. Advance booking is advised for all workshops because tickets sold like hotcakes last year!
- Zero Waste Event: Once again we will play host to award-winning catering disposables by Vegware and, in addition, we will be welcoming SoLCups who produce 100% plastic-free, hand-blown glass re-usable cups and water bottles, as well as Revive-Eco who will be collecting all of the coffee grounds and extracting their high-value oils for use in a variety of industries from pharmaceuticals to cosmetics.
Martin Dare, event manager, said:
“The coffee scene and Edinburgh Coffee Festival itself is enjoying a really vibrant time. We are extremely excited to be working on the biggest and best festival to date, welcoming back some of Scotland’s best brands but also welcoming businesses from further afield.
“We attribute our success so far to our dedication to creating an environment which caters to the needs and wants of all coffee lovers no matter their level of enthusiasm. Nobody who loves coffee as much as we do should feel excluded from coming along. We are also very proud to once again be delivering a zero-waste event.
“With thanks to all our sponsors, we hope you’ll join us at Edinburgh’s biggest coffee festival yet, have an amazing day and maybe take home a little new coffee knowledge or a delicious cake!”