East Lothian organisation, Dadswork, is experiencing a funding crisis.
- DadsWork requires funding from East Lothian Council to continue its work and survive from closure.
- DadsWork is an unique and innovative service supporting fathers and provides key services for male parents/carers in East Lothian, it provides parenting support groups, counselling for men, play group for under 5’s , parenting courses and workshops, welfare support, 1-1 , home outreach, returning men to employment and further education.
- DadsWork has never asked East Lothian Council for any funding in 12 years.
- DadsWork provides services no other service in East Lothian can provide.
- DadsWork will close unless funding is secured as of the end of June 2104 and 75 families will be stranded without support as the local services are already at full capacity and wont be in a postition to support them.
- DadsWorks families will be without designed activities aimed at them to enrich their relationships between the male parent/carer and their children.
- DadsWork provides partnerships with many other services and organisations i.e Social Work, Education, Health, Substance Misues Services, Criminal Justice which will end and futher deny fathers the support they require and deserve.
- DadsWork has been the front runner in advice and support for many organisations and services in the UK in developing their services and ensuring their father friendly, including the development of Dads Rock and Fathers Network Scotland.
- DadsWork has launched a successful Go Mad with Dad series of fun filled activity days for male parents/ carers with over 700 people attending.
- DadsWork provides information to the National Parenting Strategy, Legislation and the way forward for fathers rights