The Listed Places of Worship: Roof Repair Fund is for urgent repairs to public places of worship across the UK
It is intended to ensure historic places of worship can remain open for commemoration, services and other community functions and events.
Grants are available from £10,000 to £100,000 to help meet the costs of urgent repairs to roofs (e.g. coverings, timbers, ceilings and vaults) and rainwater disposal systems (e.g. gutters, valleys, hoppers, downpipes, gullies, drains and soakaways).
There is only one opportunity to apply.
The closing date for applications is 12pm (noon) Friday 30 January 2015.
Your organisation is eligible to apply if you can answer ‘Yes’ to the following:
- Is your place of worship listed? (you can find this out at Historic Scotland)
- Is your place of worship used solely or mainly as a place of worship?
- Is your organisation responsible for maintaining your place of worship?
- Is your project for the repairs to the roof and/or rainwater disposal systems?
- Has the repair work been identified in a recent professional report as being necessary within the next five years?
Full details at www.lpowroof.org.uk