Fishing for migratory species after the 31st October 2019 is a criminal offence and Forth District Salmon Fishery Board bailiffs will be patrolling rivers throughout the Forth during this period.
The 31st October 2019 marked the end of the salmon and sea trout fishing season around the Forth. The fishing season will reopen on the 1st February 2020.
The bailiffs cannot be everywhere at all times so, if you spot someone fishing for salmon or sea trout in a river around the Forth during the closed season, please contact the Forth District Salmon Fishery Board bailiffs and/or the police on the below numbers.
Lee Fisher, Superintendent Bailiff Tel 07887 835549
River Tyne/Esk Bailiffs Tel 07736 466725
Police Scotland Tel 101
Please report as much information as possible when calling in. The below is a guide as to some of the information which might be useful:
- Location (grid reference if possible)
- Time and date of the incident
- Any observations
- What have you seen them do,
- Description of the individual(s)
- Vehicle registration plate
- Anything else you might think useful or worth noting
- Any pictures or video taken of the incident
For further Information from Forth District Salmon Fishery Board please go to http://forthdsfb.org/